Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Vampire Diaries Spoilers Ian Somerhalder Spills About Damon's Humanity And Elena


The charming Ian Somerhalder spoiled to the TV Chick about Damon's Humanity and of course, Elena. "The Vampire Diaries" returns tonight on the CW with "The Descent".

Photobucket

How do you think he’s changed and evolved since day 1?
Wow. A lot actually. It was kind of crazy for me initially. I realized what was going to make Damon interesting was to make sure that he was conflicted and he’s starting to feel things that he hates. He doesn’t like feeling anything for anyone, because then you’re [taking] a risk. There are stakes. And when there are stakes, you risk losing something and that’s just something he doesn’t want to do. And it was really counter intuitive for me initially because I was so used to him being just a bad guy, to sort of layer in or to have these layers, was difficult for me. (Laughs) And I was kind of worried. I was like “wait a minute! Damon’s going soft!” And then he tries to kill Jeremy and I was like oh yeah, never mind.

How do you want to see the Damon and Elena relationship progress?
I just want to make out with her eventually. I mean, Stefan gets both of them. And I just think it’s time pay the fiddler. I have no idea how that’s ever going to happen, by the way. That’s a joke. I would just like to see him be in her [good] graces. I would just like for her to see that he’s not such a dick. But the problem is that he is. So, I don’t really know where I want that to go. All I know is that I want him to protect her. Because if something happens to her, then we lose the show, and then we’re screwed.

(laughs) Do you think Damon wants to save the day and be the hero?
Not really. No. I think he’s become the unlikely hero and it drives him up the fucking wall because it’s just too much. It’s one of those situations where it’s too much work being the hero. And also, it lends itself to not being fun — the social or family or love responsibility are the antithesis of selfish and free lovin’.
Read the full interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment